his sound barbecued chicken pasta plate of mixed greens is loaded with new summer flavors and smoky BBQ sauce! The smooth dressing is helped up with Greek yogurt.
This solid flame broiled chicken pasta serving of mixed greens is brimming with new summer flavors and smoky BBQ sauce! The smooth dressing is helped up with Greek yogurt.
I inexactly displayed this pasta plate of mixed greens on the kinds of a BBQ chicken pizza. Red onions, cilantro, barbecued chicken, BBQ sauce, and cheddar frequently show up on those delicious pizzas. I utilized smoked cheddar in this formula to include considerably a greater amount of that delightful smoky flavor to this cool chicken pasta plate of mixed greens.
There’s nothing preventing you from serving this with hot-off-the-barbecue chicken, yet it’s similarly as great virus. 🙂
This BBQ chicken pasta serving of mixed greens is one of those simple things you can put together for a late spring BBQ, cookout, or potluck assembling that will satisfy a group. It additionally makes some delicious scraps!
Step by step instructions to flame broil chicken for this pasta serving of mixed greens
I made a brisk marinade of lemon juice, olive oil, several dashes of Italian flavoring, and garlic for the chicken bosoms.
This sound barbecued chicken pasta plate of mixed greens is brimming with crisp summer flavors and smoky BBQ sauce! The velvety dressing is helped up with Greek yogurt.
I utilized penne for this late spring pasta plate of mixed greens formula, yet don’t hesitate to utilize whatever you have close by or incline toward.
While the chicken is marinating, you can cook the pasta and prep alternate fixings. This formula certainly isn’t also tedious by any stretch of the imagination. The entire thing can be prepared in about thirty minutes.
- 2-3 boneless/skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups uncooked pasta
- Handful cilantro chopped
- 1/4 medium red onion chopped (or to taste)
- 1 cup smoked cheddar grated
- 1 avocado chopped
- BBQ sauce for brushing on the chicken (start with 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 dashes Italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used 2%)
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Butterfly the chicken then cut it in half lengthwise to make thinner cutlets. Add the chicken and the marinade ingredients to a large Ziploc bag and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing and set it aside until needed. Prep your cilantro, onion, cheddar, and avocado.
- Start boiling a large salted pot of water. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Preheat your BBQ/grill to high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook the chicken for about 4 minutes/side or until it’s cooked through but not overdone. Brush both sides of each piece of chicken with the BBQ sauce as needed.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain it and rinse it with cool water. Make sure it’s drained thoroughly. Add it to a large bowl.
- Add the cilantro, onion, cheddar, avocado, and dressing to the pasta. Toss. Slice the chicken and top the pasta salad with it after it cools for a few minutes. Gently mix the chicken in if desired. Season the salad with extra salt & pepper if needed.