EGG DROP SOUP
Egg Drop Soup is not only quick and easy, but comforting too. And with that mound of clothes growing, I’m thinking I’m going to need a whole lot of comfort. I can’t tell you how much I enjoy this simple soup. It’s easy to keep the ingredients for this Egg Drop Soup recipe always stocked up to be able to whip it up for a quick lunch or light dinner.
Sometimes I like to add a bit of sriracha hot sauce to spice things up a bit, because need all the help I can get to tackle those boxes. A little bit of spice may just do the trick. We’ll see. If you don’t hear from me, send in reinforcements armed with trash bags. Over and out.
EGG DROP SOUP
YIELD: 4 CUPS
PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 10 MINUTES
TOTAL TIME: 15 MINUTES
This tasty soup is super satisfying and hard to beat for a quick and inexpensive meal.
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (about 2 green onions)
- salt and pepper
- Add chicken broth, ground ginger and soy sauce to a saucepan; bring to a simmer.
- Slowly stream in beaten eggs while stirring the soup in one direction.
- Add green onions. Salt and pepper to taste.
- If you desire a slightly thicker broth, whisk together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of chicken broth in a small measuring cup or bowl, then slowly stir cornstarch mixture into simmering broth to thicken
- For a spiced up version, add a bit of sriracha hot sauce or ground red pepper to taste.
This recipe and image adapted from :https://shewearsmanyhats.com